Thursday, December 27, 2012

Long exposure - Olympus IBIS study



Thing has changed. My Flickr friend Anthony Leung posted a couple amazing 1.6 second exposure shots by his OMD handheld recently and I was stunned. Then I did some googling and found out that it is possible of doing it due to the Olympus IBIS system for 5 stop image stabilizing technology (of course you still need steady hands and body).






These are my 2 seconds exposure attempts, all by Panny 14/2.5




My technique was holding my camera on the chest and useed both hands to stabilize it. Actually, I had one successful 3 seconds exposure attempt at home, but the image looked dull and I trashed it right the way, Now, I found out I have pretty consistent result for 2 seconds exposure.

Thx for the modern day technology, it makes unhappened happen.

If you feel my images are interesting, please feel free to go Flickr to check out my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment