Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back to the business


Since I was really busy for the office work, I skipped a full week of blogging. Now I'm back to the business, I have a shooting session from Tsim Sha Tsui to Jordan. For this time, I have varies of style, color, back and white, vinteage, shallow, large depth of view and also I used 3 lens, Panny 14/2.5, Oly 45/1.8 and CV25/0.95.



All shot by OMD

First started from the MTR from Tsuen Wan to Tsim Sha Tsui.

Tired Couple
Panny 14/2.5



Since the Light was pretty bright in the beginning of the session, I tried to make use of the environment to make my image more interesting.

Too bright, Oly 45/1.8


I like shots with eye contact!

Untitled, Oly 45/1.8


Waiting. Oly 45/1.8


The crowd is getting huge, I switched to a shorter lens, CV25/0.95

Tightened face


I saw something interesting and I have had no time to prepare the shot, therefore I just zone focus it by guessing the distance. (I missed the focuse but still think it is cool enough)

Portrait at Starbucks


Here is another one with the same "guessing technique", anyways the exposure was pretty wrong and I  post production quite a bit to pull out the details as much as possible. 


Wedding coming up?


This is my favourite shot of the day, I had pre-focused and waited till the subject moved to my prepared spot.

Smoking old man.


At the end, I had a shot at the back with a 16:9 crop to close out the session.


The more I use the CV25, the more joy from the shooting experience. Manual focus makes you more engage to the subject, and I really like the feeling of it. I do believe we need, both AF and MF lens in our bag because they suit for different purpose.

Please feel free to comments!
If you feel my images are interesting, please feel free to go Flickr to check out my stuff.





2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! been to hong kong a few years ago and it is a very beautiful place for street pictures.


    Hello from Canada, Ottawa!
    Ethan Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ethan!

    You are the first person to leave comment in my blog and I'm so glad about that!
    Thx for appreciate my images, also I had lived in Edmonton, Alberta for more than 10 years.

    Wish you can comeback and keep checking my blog,
    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete