Saturday, February 1, 2014

Kodak Tri-X 400 Pushed 1600

After the Iford hp5, I tried a roll of Kodak Tri-X 400 pushed 1600 and find my ideal film.
Till now, I think both Iford and Kodak have good quality, the problem is on my side. I'm still learning to shoot film. I need to get the four things right in order to make the shot: metering, choose the distance, focusing on the rangefinder and framing inside the viewfinder. Choosing the distance and Framing inside the rangefinder every-time is still a hard job for me because I'm not confident my focusing speed so that I shot at a bad angle(further apart or not direct enough).


All shot from Leica M6 with 35mm Summicron 6 elements.

It can be a stronger shot IF I shot at a different angle.

When I'm shooting digital, I can clearly see the face of the subject from this kind of shoot through the glass shot, the result from film is the opposite.




Good moment, bad light








View from my balcony, I always shoot the same view and I have no idea why…. 

After the taste of film, it keep telling me how easy to shoot with the digital, so that when I have the digital in my hands, my mind always keep telling me to push harder. I seriously think shooting film can improve a lot of my photography. Of course, I also want to get some favourite shot from my film stuff but it is still a long long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment