Friday, December 13, 2013

Old friends gathering with the X-E2 : Indoor Autofocus and shooting at wide open challenge

I shoot mainly street photography most of the time, 3 days ago I had chance to do something different to shoot friends and their kids during the yearly gathering. We started our friendship in Edmonton, Canada more than 10 years ago and now we live in separate places, LA, Hong Kong, Canada… I was having a good time to talk about all kind of things and experiences with them and also I have a chance to take some snaps with them and also with their loving kids!


All shot with Fuji X-E2 with 35mm F/1.4 lens @1.4 IS03200
Processed at Lightroom 5.3 with my own custom curve adjustment.

I only use the 9 hybrid focus points with smallest square(I focus on the either eye all of the time) to knock down the focus and recomposed if needed. The autofocus is a pretty decent at the low light situation and I had quite a lot of keepers during the hotpot gathering. Honestly speaking, I did failed to lock the AF in some circumstances, but the AF is still good enough for you most of the time.

Cute!
 For adult, AF is easy
 Wai Wai first try for the pop!
 Yummy!










 Wai Wai's mother
 Just so lovely!
 Handsome little guy
Is she a thinker?

 She is just so cute! I can't stop shooting her

I did missed some shots, but the reason was about my bad preparation rather the AF performance.
The overall performance from the X-E2 was excellent and I was really please about the responsiveness of the camera.

Please feel free to comments!
If you feel my images are interesting, please feel free to go Flickr to check out my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment