Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Go close


"If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough." Robert Capa, it is one of the most famous quote about street photography and also it the hardest one to execute because you need to conquer the fear when you shoot the unknown person in such a close distance. It takes me a year to overcome the fear and now I can shoot close with a wide angle lens (28mm field of view in 35mm format) if I needed to. You may ask what do you mean of "needed to", my answer is it is all about the impact. If I can create a strong and impactful image by getting close to the subject, I would try to do it (I will not force it). Shooting close up is only one kind shooting style and it works in some situation especially the subject with unique character.


No comments:

Post a Comment