Saturday, October 27, 2012

My first experience from Olympus OMD EM5

After I get rid all my dslr gear, I got the OMD EM5 with panny 20mm1.7 and oly 40mm 1.8. Since I get used to use the canon 50 1.8 prime with my sold 40d in street photography, I need zoom lens no more.
Lens with fast af, light weight and image quality are all I care about. Here are the image from my new camera and lens:






Panny 20 1.7 is such a good all around lens except it is a bit slow in af sometimes (especially in low light). I does miss some shots by using it, anyways it does give me cool images.That's why I have no complain about it.

Man with a bicycle







Old guy
Police




















The LCD touchscreen is such a neat feature that I can spy my camera and take shots at lower angle without any hustle. Thumbs up to Olympus


Old Street




















Walking















Thinking






























The color from OMD + Panny 20 1. is such an enjoyment. It also has tremendous dynamic range that my is better than my Canon 40D with 50 1.8.



Oly 45 1.8 . It is a heck of a portrait lens. Instant Af, good contrast, bokeh, color and within my budget.

 Father and son: Shot straight out of camera JPG without PP.
Father and son


Smoking





































Olympus 12-50mm 3.5-6.3 at 12mm: Even the kit 12 is pretty good.

At 12mm, F3.5

Street



Shot straight out of camera JPG without PP.
Abandon Shop





















Overall, OMD EM5 is such an awesome camera which have outstanding image quality and compact and I'm loving it!  I have had no regret to sell my DSLR at all!

If you feel my images are interesting, please feel free to go Flickr to check out my stuff.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment